- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, saute dredged shrimp in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Toss shrimp often to prevent burning. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the pan.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp. Return pan to the heat. Preheat your broiler for medium heat.
- Pour the wine and brandy into the skillet and ignite with a match or lighter. When the flames die down, stir to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp.
- Place the serving dish of shrimp in a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes.
Absolutely The Best Shrimp Scampi, recipe