- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, dark green parts separated from white and light green parts
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir white and light green onion pieces until soft and slightly golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir, and remove skillet from heat.
- Stir potatoes, green onion-garlic mixture, dark green onion pieces, yogurt, yellow mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until evenly combined.
Almost Fat-Free Green Onion Potato Salad, recipe