- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 3/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, drained with juice reserved
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 (8 ounce) package dried linguine pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes, and cook stirring constantly until onion is tender. Add garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes, just until fragrant. Pour in the reserved clam juice, and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir the half-and-half cream into the skillet, and simmer for another 20 minutes, but do not boil. At this time, I like to prepare my linguine and garlic bread.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente.
- Add clams to the sauce, and cook just until clams are heated through, or they will become tough and chewy. Remove from heat, and serve over linguine pasta. Top with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
amazing white clam sauce, Pasta Sauces recipe