- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together Amish Friendship Starter, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into the starter mixture. Mix in the vanilla pudding mix. Fold in the chopped nuts, raisins and dates. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
amish friendship bread, recipe