- 1 (15 ounce) package pastry for a double crust 9-inch pie, divided
- 6 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Toss apples, almonds, white sugar, brown sugar, and flour together in a bowl until apples and almonds are completely coated.
- Mix honey, egg yolk, water, and almond extract together in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave honey mixture, stirring every 15 seconds, until mixture is melted and smooth, 30 to 45 seconds. Pour honey mixture over apple mixture and toss to coat. Transfer apple mixture to the prepared pie crust; sprinkle filling with cinnamon. Top pie with the remaining pie crust and pinch edges together to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
Apple Almond Pie, recipe