- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple - peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Combine water, apple cider, and golden raisins in a pot. Bring to a boil; add rice. Cook, stirring often, until most of the water is absorbed, about 17 minutes. Mix in white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; continue cooking until rice is tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir apple, onion, and celery in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Season with white pepper, salt, and a dash of cinnamon. Stir in almonds; cook until starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Fold apple and almond mixture into rice. Let stand until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
Apple Almond Rice, recipe