- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- cooking spray
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crust
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar, or to taste
- Place cranberries in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let soak until plump, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut a deep vertical slice into both sides of each apple, being sure not to cut through to the core. Attach 1 apple to a spiralizer fitted with the straight-flat blade and cut into thin half-slices. Repeat with second apple.
- Combine cranberries, apple slices, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl; toss to coat.
- Mix white sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl. Stir into the apple mixture.
- Roll pie crust out into a 10-inch round on a floured work surface. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Spoon apple mixture into the center of the crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Lift up edges of crust and fold around apple mixture. Brush edges with egg white. Sprinkle turbinado sugar all over tart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden brown, 38 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and slice.
Apple-Cranberry Tart, recipe