- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup apple brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, mix flour with seasoned salt; coat chops evenly with mixture and shake off excess. Over medium-high heat, melt butter in large skillet. Add chops, and cook about 5 minutes, turning once, or until meat surface is browned. Remove chops from pan and set aside on a separate plate.
- Add onions, apples, and mushrooms to skillet, cooking just until soft. Add thyme, salt, pepper, and apple brandy; stir to blend. Return chops to skillet and surround with onion mixture. Over medium heat, simmer uncovered, for about 10 minutes. Mix in cream and simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes longer. Do not let cream boil.
Apple Jack owa Pork Chops from Des Moines, recipe