- 1 (9x9 inch) pan cornbread, cooled and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb-seasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups apple juice
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, and saute the celery and onion for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornbread, stuffing mix, parsley, ginger, and salt. Mix in the celery and onion mixture, chopped apple, chopped pecans, apple juice, and beaten eggs. Spoon dressing into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until heated through, and lightly browned on top.
Apple Pecan Cornbread Dressing, recipe