- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 large apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, bran, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Beat milk, vegetable oil, and eggs in a separate bowl. Pour liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir just until mixed. Gently stir apples into the batter and fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Mix 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl; cut the butter into the brown sugar mixture until the streusel topping is crumbly. Sprinkle about 1 heaping teaspoon of topping onto each muffin.
- Bake muffins in the preheated oven until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Apple Streusel Bran Muffins, recipe