- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (16 ounce) jar applesauce
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together margarine, sour cream, egg substitute, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and applesauce. Stir in noodles and raisins.
- Spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the prepared dish. Pour the noodle mixture over the crumbs. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set. Cover with foil if it browns too quickly.
applesauce noodle kugel, Side Dish recipe