- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken thighs, cut into pieces
- 1/2 pound chicken drumsticks, boned and cut into pieces
- 7 ounces cubed cooked ham
- 2 smoked pork sausages, sliced
- 2 links pork sausage, casings removed and sliced
- 3 cups rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 leaves cabbage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, chicken thighs, and drumsticks; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add ham, smoked sausages, and fresh sausages. Cook and stir until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Stir rice, tomatoes, red bell pepper, spring onions, salt, and parsley into the saucepan. Pour in water and add chicken bouillon cubes. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until flavors are combined, about 15 minutes. Stir in sliced cabbage. Continue to cook until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes more.
- Drizzle olive oil over rice before serving.
Arroz de Braga (Portuguese Rice), recipe