- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, green onions, lemon juice, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic together in a bowl until marinade is smooth.
- Thinly slice steak with the grain into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Thread steak slices onto skewers and place in a flat plastic or glass container. Pour marinade over skewers. Cover container with plastic wrap, and refrigerate, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip skewers and continue marinating in the refrigerator, 1 1/2 to 2 hours more.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove skewers from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook steak skewers on the preheated grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Asian Steak Skewers, recipe