- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (optional)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Drain fat from pan, and transfer meat to a bowl. In the same skillet, cook onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and beef, and season with oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange half of the cooked fettuccine in the prepared dish, top with half of the beef and vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Mix together soup and beef broth until smooth, and pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Baked Fettuccine Lasagna, recipe