- 8 potatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound processed American cheese, cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pitted and sliced green olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add whole potatoes to large pot of boiling, salted water. Boil for 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove potatoes from the water and set aside to cool.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Peel and cube cooled potatoes, and transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, mayonnaise, cheese, salt and pepper, and mix together with the potatoes.
- Place mixture in a lightly oiled 9x11 inch baking dish. Top with the crumbled bacon and the olives. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
Baked Potato Salad, recipe