- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Put the butter and garlic into a large skillet, and place over medium-high heat. Once the butter has melted and the garlic begins to sizzle, stir in the shrimp, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Cook until the shrimp are firm and opaque, about 5 minutes. Season with salt, then stir in the chopped parsley, and pour into a casserole dish.
- Pour vermouth into the skillet, and simmer until reduced by half. Add chopped tomatoes and continue cooking until heated through. Spoon tomato mixture on top of the shrimp and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese softens and turns golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
baked shrimp with feta and tomato, Shrimp recipe