- 4 boneless chicken breasts, split and patted dry
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Mix flour, salt, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the skillet. Add onions and garlic; saute until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Add porcini mushrooms; cook and stir until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and white wine. Cover and continue cooking over medium-low heat, turning chicken occasionally, until no longer pink in the center and coated with sauce, about 10 minutes.
Balsamic Chicken Breasts with Porcini Mushrooms, recipe