- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed minestrone soup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked spinach pasta
- In 4 quart stock pot, cook sausage until lightly browned. Add onion powder, garlic, and onion, and cook until tender.
- Stir in minestrone soup, water, great northern beans (undrained), kidney beans (undrained), thyme, basil and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook another 15 minutes and then serve.
Bean and Pasta Soup, recipe