- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 envelope dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup uncooked star-shaped pasta
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into pot and cook, stirring frequently, until well browned. Remove meat, leaving excess oil in pot.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat until translucent. Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, vegetable soup mix, and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes.
- Add pasta stars, cover, and simmer 20 minutes more, or until pasta is tender. You may add more water at any time to adjust consistency.
Bean & Pasta Soup, recipe