- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef, onion and bacon for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent; drain excess fat.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish, combine the vinegar, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, green bell pepper, kidney beans, chili beans, pork and beans and the meat mixture. Stir together until well blended.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, remove from oven and top with the cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 6 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Beef and Bean Pot, recipe