- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 12 ounces boneless beef chuck, partially frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until mostly cooked, about 8 minutes. Add broccoli; continue cooking until penne is tender, about 3 minutes more. Drain and keep warm.
- Trim beef and slice into thin bite-size strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender and beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Return skillet to the heat. Add beef broth, tomato paste, and Dijon mustard. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, 5 to 8 minutes. Continue cooking for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Divide penne and broccoli among 4 bowls. Spoon beef mixture on top.
Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowl, recipe