- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until evenly brown; drain excess fat. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir in tomato sauce and water. Remove from heat, and stir in cooked noodles.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cottage cheese, onion, and Parmesan cheese. Spread half of noodle mixture in a large casserole dish. Layer with all of spinach mixture, then cover with remaining noodle mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Cover with mozzarella, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
beef florentine, Vegetable recipe