- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds round steak, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups water, or more as needed
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir steak in hot oil until browned completely, about 5 minutes.
- Stir water, ketchup, onion, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper with the beef in the pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until meat is tender and the sauce thickens, 2 to 3 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Ladle beef mixture over noodles to serve.
Beef Paprika and Noodles, recipe