- 1 (1 pound) ground sausage roll
- 1/3 cup water
- cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage and water in the hot skillet until sausage is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread crescent roll dough out into prepared baking dish to cover the inside of the dish completely. Prick dough all over with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly set, about 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and place skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir egg mixture in hot skillet until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Break up eggs into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Spread eggs evenly over crescent roll dough, spread sausage over eggs, and top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and casserole is hot, about 25 minutes.
Best Breakfast Casserole, recipe