- 10 fresh hot chile peppers, stems removed
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted fresh dates, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Place peppers, onion, dates, basil, parsley, tomato, bouillon powder, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; pour in the oil. Pulse mixture until finely chopped, adding more oil if needed to thin; season with salt.
- Pour pepper mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Squeeze lemon juice into pepper mixture, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow pepper mixture to cool; pour into a glass jar with a lid. Store pepper sauce in the refrigerator.
Best Hot Sauce, recipe