- vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and cook chicken, turning once, until no longer pink in center and juices run clear. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees Celsius).
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, and place in a bowl with the cream of chicken and mushroom soups, and the sour cream. Stir until well blended, then transfer mixture to a 9x13 inch shallow baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine the crushed crackers with the poppy seeds. Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, or in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir butter into the cracker mixture, and spread evenly over the chicken.
- Bake chicken in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through and lightly browned on top.
Betsy's Poppy Seed Chicken, recipe