- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and discarded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces kielbasa sausage, sliced thin
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Roll kale leaves into tight tubes and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir kielbasa in hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir green onion with sausage; cook until onions soften, about 3 minutes. Add kale; cook and stir until kale wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth over kielbasa mixture; add beans and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer until kale is completely tender, about 15 minutes. Season mixture with salt and pepper and top with Parmesan cheese.
Big Ray's White Bean, Kale, and Kielbasa Soup, recipe