- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 (32 fluid ounce) containers chicken broth, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated minced garlic
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 bunches leeks (white parts with a few of the green tops), chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton®)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun-style crab boil seasoning, or to taste
- Mix potatoes, 2 containers chicken broth, jalapeno pepper, onion flakes, and minced garlic together in a large pot; bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are softened, about 25 minutes.
- Stir remaining carton chicken broth, cream, leeks, paprika, and dry onion soup mix into the mixture in the pot; continue cooking until thickened to your preferred consistency, about 20 minutes.
Boudreaux's Cajun Potato-Leek Soup, recipe