- 1/2 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package Barilla® Farfalle
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (6.3 ounce) jar Barilla® Traditional Basil Pesto
- 8 ounces mini fresh mozzarella balls (1/2-inch)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Barilla Farfalle; stir gently. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli for the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat Barilla Traditional Basil Pesto over medium-low heat until heated through; toss with pasta. Add the sausage to the pasta along with the mozzarella cheese.
- To serve, garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Bow Ties with Broccoli, Pesto, and Sausage, recipe