- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 18 2 inch sausages, cut in 1/2
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 slices Cheddar cheese, quartered
- In the order suggested by the manufacturer, place milk, egg, egg yolk, bread flour, salt, butter, sugar and bread machine yeast in bread machine. Select Dough cycle, and press Start.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, punch down dough, and divide into 36 pieces. Roll pieces into balls. Arrange balls in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Allow balls to rise 15 to 20 minutes.
- Flatten balls, and make a depression in the center of each. Fill each with 1 piece of sausage, about 1 tablespoon hash browns, and 1 quarter slice of cheese.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
breakfast kolaches, Potatoes recipe