- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 pounds fresh broccoli, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Cool bacon and crumble into pieces.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, and sugar in a mixing bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Add the broccoli, raisins, cashews, onion, and crumbled bacon. Stir until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours. Let stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
broccoli cashew salad, Broccoli Salad recipe