- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 links breakfast sausage, or to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Beat eggs, Cheddar cheese, and milk together with a fork in a large bowl.
- Place sausages in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer sausage to a work surface and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is slightly translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Gradually add spinach to onion mixture; cook and stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sausage pieces and cook until heated through, about 1 minute more.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into sausage mixture; cook and stir until eggs are set, 2 to 5 minutes. Stir rice, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into eggs.
Brown Rice Skillet Breakfast, recipe