- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups croutons, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Stir ketchup, brown sugar, salt, and chili powder together in a bowl until smooth. Spread a small amount of the ketchup mixture into the bottom of the prepared loaf pan.
- Mix ground beef, croutons, onion, eggs, milk, and black pepper together in a large bowl; shape into a loaf and put into prepared pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Brown Sugar Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze, recipe