- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 2 apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- Browned Butter:
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) package pie dough for a double-crust pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Saute apples until medium-firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup white sugar and pinch of salt. Cook until apples begin to brown, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Remove apples from the skillet and allow to cool. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
- Place 1/2 cup of butter in skillet over medium heat. Constantly swirl the butter in the pan, watching carefully so butter does not burn. The butter is "browned" when it is a tan color and smells nutty. This can take 3 to 10 minutes. When butter is ready, promptly pour it into a bowl to prevent it from burning.
- Add 1/2 cup white sugar to the apples and stir until sugar is well incorporated.
- In a mixing bowl, combine browned butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon until well combined. Add apple mixture and stir until well-blended.
- Unroll the pie crust on a silicone mat. Using a small cookie cutter, press out the pie crust "chips." Lift the pie crust up, leaving the "chips" on the mat. Place the mat on a baking sheet. The remaining dough may be rolled out to 1/4" thick and the process repeated to use up all the dough and make more "chips" using separate silicone mats (or parchment).
- Bake in preheated oven, bake 6-7 minutes, watching carefully to ensure the chips to not burn. Allow the chips to cool. Place on serving plate.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl; serve with chips for dipping.
Browned Butter Apple Pie Dip, recipe