- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Creole-style seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- 4 cups oil for frying
- BUFFALO SAUCE:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Creole-style seasoning, garlic powder, ground cayenne pepper, onion powder, and ground black pepper. Seal the bag and shake a few times to combine the ingredients well.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold water and place them in the plastic bag with the flour mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat all of the shrimp well with the flour mixture.
- Place the coated shrimp on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. Save remaining flour mixture in the bag.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together garlic, butter hot sauce and cayenne pepper; set aside. In a pot, heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and shake a second time in flour mixture.
- Place the shrimp in hot oil and fry until pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately coat with buffalo sauce.
Buffalo Shrimp, recipe