- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat; simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain, and set aside.
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in curry powder, garam masala, ginger, cumin, and salt. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring. Pour in soup, cream, and chickpeas. Stir in potatoes. Simmer 5 minutes.
butter chickpea curry, Vegetarian recipe