- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature
- Combine the yeast, whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, honey, oil, and buttermilk into pan of a bread machine.
- If baking in bread machine use medium temperature setting.
- If baking in an oven, use manual or dough cycle to knead dough. Remove from bread maker, and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise until doubled in size. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 25 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
buttermilk honey wheat bread, Wheat Bread recipe