- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 dash garlic salt
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the egg noodles; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain; return to the pot and stir in the butter.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place the onion into the skillet with the bacon grease, and cook and stir over medium heat until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cabbage, and cook and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes. Chop the bacon, add it to the skillet, and cook until the cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles, and continue cooking just until heated through.
Cabbage and Noodles, recipe