- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with basil, undrained and chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onion, potatoes, celery, and garlic in the melted butter until the onion and celery are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour the water over the vegetable mixture; stir the chicken bouillon into the liquid until dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil; cook at a boil until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the cabbage into the boiling liquid. Reduce heat to medium. Add the tomatoes with juices, ketchup, hot sauce, and Italian seasoning; stir to combine. Allow the mixture to simmer until the flavors have a chance to mix, about 15 minutes.
Cabbage, Potato, and Tomato Soup, recipe