- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can black beans
- Mix the broth and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Stir in the green bell pepper, tomatoes, and corn. Season with garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. Transfer 1/2 the mixture to a blender, blend until smooth, and return to pot.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the leek and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Transfer to blender. Place black beans and about 1/2 cup of the soup into blender. Blend until smooth. Mix into the soup, and continue cooking 10 minutes, until heated through.
Cajun Corn Soup, recipe