- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 20 cinnamon red hot candies
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- Peel and core the apples. Slice thinly.
- Combine 1 1/2 c apple juice, candies, food coloring, vanilla, and apples in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until apples are tender, stirring frequently. Combine remaining 1/4 cup apple juice and corn starch; stir into apple mixture, and cook until thickened. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Spread apple mixture into pie shell, and chill for several hours. Before serving, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Candy Apple Pie, recipe