- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins and the rum. Cook over medium heat until simmering, then remove from the heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, brown sugar, canola oil, and eggs with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cardamom; stir into the egg mixture with a spoon until well blended, Stir in the walnuts and the rum soaked raisins last. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow bread to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
cardamom banana bread, Breakfast Bread recipe