- 1 (6 pound) pork butt roast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced, or more to taste
- Trim excess fat from pork butt; cut pork into 2-inch cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine salt, oregano, cumin, black pepper, chile powder, and paprika together in a bowl. Rub pork cubes with spice mixture. Coat seasoned pork cubes lightly in olive oil; place in pressure cooker. Cover pork cubes with orange juice, onion, and garlic.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock; bring to full pressure over medium heat until pork is no longer pink in the center, about 60 minutes. Let pressure come down naturally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker and shred meat.
Carnitas - Pressure Cooker, recipe