- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup cranberries, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger together in a large bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat egg into the butter mixture. Mash banana into the butter mixture until smoothly incorporated. Fold carrot and orange zest into the mixture.
- Mix flour mixture into the butter mixture about 1/2 cup at a time to make a batter. Fold cranberries into the batter. Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups to fill nearly to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
carrot and cranberry muffins, Carrot Muffins recipe