- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel Drizzle:
- 1/2 (11 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 pinch sea salt, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat(R) baking mat.
- Combine sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add molasses, melted butter, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract and mix well. Add flour, stirring constantly, 1 cup at a time until just combined. Add up to 1/4 cup of additional flour if dough is too sticky.
- Place spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the dough with floured fingertips to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely before frosting, at least 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until well blended. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat frosting until creamy.
- Combine caramels and half-and-half in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until caramels are completely melted and the sauce is blended, about 10 minutes.
- Frost cooled cookies with the frosting, drizzle with the caramel sauce, and sprinkle with sea salt.
ced Ginger Cookies, recipe