- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery, with leaves
- 6 slices stale bread, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh savory
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together onion, celery, bread, pepper, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and celery salt in a large bowl; pour melted butter over bread mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon stuffing into the cavities of chicken; place chicken into a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with savory; cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove cover; increase oven temperature to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Roast until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), about 15 minutes.
Celery Herb Stuffing and Savory Chicken, recipe