- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrot
- 1 large head cauliflower, stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 pinch mustard powder
- 6 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is transparent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir chicken broth, potatoes, and carrots into onion mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain vegetables from chicken broth with a slotted spoon. Puree vegetables in a food processor, working in batches.
- Return pureed vegetables to broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir cauliflower, dill, and mustard powder into broth mixture.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into broth mixture, in small batches, until cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Cheddar Cauliflower Soup, recipe