- 2 pounds lamb loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs - Italian, Greek, or French blend
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt as needed
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 pinch hot chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Place lamb chops in a large bowl. Season with olive oil, garlic, cumin, mixed herbs, pepper, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Toss until well coated with oil and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate. Allow to marinate at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Place lamb chops on grill. Sprinkle the chops with a bit of salt. Grill until seared on the first side, 4 to 7 minutes depending on the size of the chops. Rotate chops a half turn on the grill about a minute before turning them. Turn and grill the other side to desired doneness, another 4 to 7 minutes. For medium rare, an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should bead 125 to 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Transfer to a serving dish and tent loosely with foil.
- Place marmalade in bowl. Add chili flakes, mint, and rice vinegar. Stir together thoroughly.
- Brush the sauce over the chops and serve.
Chef John's Grilled Lamb with Mint Orange Sauce, recipe