- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh collard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound turnip greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound mustard greens, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bacon in hot oil until crisp, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from pot, crumble, and return to the pot. Add onion to the bacon; cook and stir until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into the bacon mixture; cook and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add collard greens, turnip greens, and mustard greens; cook and stir until the greens start to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot; season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to low, cover pot with a lid, and cook at a simmer until the greens are tender, about 45 minutes.
Chef Scott's Kickin' Mixed Greens, recipe