- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Separate shells and let stand, so they are not touching, on waxed paper or foil.
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, onion, egg and bread crumbs. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Stir in three-quarters of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar; cook until cheeses melt.
- Fill shells with chicken mixture, using a tablespoon, and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Cover the shells with the tomato sauce and top with the reserved cheese. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
Chicken and Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Shells, recipe